Monday, June 28, 2010
We are delighted to bring Tributaries to Dublin this July.
More details on the evening to come, but for now - save the date!
Saturday July 17th at 8pm
Dance Theatre of Ireland, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin
Monday, June 14, 2010
As a recently outed perfectionist myself, I realized I never allowed myself to Get Stuff Wrong. That's a lot of pressure! So I thought 'Let's do a workshop where we can dance, move, play and above all else - Get our Wrong ON - and have fun with it!'
For three Thursdays this June & July, we'll give ourselves 1 1/2 hours to do just that. Take a long lunch and join me in Midtown!
* Thursdays June 24th, July 1st & July 8th
* 12.15pm - 1.45pm
* Keystone Studio, 252 West 30th Street (at 8th Ave), suite 4B
* $65 for entire workshop, (paid on June 24th) or $25 for each class drop-in
This class is open to all adults whether you're a professional dancer or have never danced before and just want to move. A basic level of fitness is preferable.
Space is limited. Please RSVP by Sunday June 20th: email@example.com
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
In July, Alicia is teaching an expandance workshop for teenagers at The Riverbank Theatre. Rachel will be in Ireland to guest teach sections of her newest piece Tributaries as part of the workshop.
Each morning will feature a fun, engaging technique-based contemporary dance class.
After lunch, each afternoon you will have the chance to:
* Experience the expandance technique: an expansive and centered approach to improvisation, choreography & performance
* Learn practical tools for utilizing pre-performance nerves that you can use for the rest of your performing career
* Create your own choreography
* Learn expandance company repertoire from members of the company
This workshop is for ages 13 - 17 and is at The Riverbank Theatre, Newbridge, Co Kildare
July 19th through 23rd 2010
10am - 3pm
€75 incl. lunch
To register please contact The Riverbank Arts Centre
Phone: (045) 448330